Christmas is the time when you will be expecting a lot of things for free. If you are a young one, you will be looking forward to Santa Claus paying a visit with the gifts they have requested. The earning population will be expecting buy-one-get-one-free offers on all types of merchandise. For some, the Christmas shopping starts much earlier with Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which take place around Thanksgiving Day.
Table of Contents
These are the days when a number of retailers lower the process of their offerings. And this holiday fever catches up with airlines and travel agents too. These days will be almost a month before Christmas day, which means that if you have not found any suitable Christmas flight deals yet, you will in all probability find them on these days.
What you should know about the flight offers?
Yes, we all will be jumping with joy at the news of offers of discounts. However, you need to hold your horses, stay calm and read all the details before you commit.
- Every travel agent, with good experience will tell you to always read the terms and conditions in detail. One thing you must always check out is the cancellation and rescheduling policies. Yes, in all probability you will be flying, but what happens if due to any reason you are not to? This means that you will be suffering a loss if the tickets you have chosen are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The second thing you should note with these offers is the blackout dates. This means that around the dates of major holidays, the offers you have been so thrilled about may not be applicable. Yes, the airlines are showing that they are part of the community with offers around noteworthy days, but they are serious about their business too.
- Most airlines offer their flights for booking for 11 months in advance. And if they are offering concessions on any particular day, all smart customers will be booking their flights with the available discounts. So, the offers you will be getting will be for a limited period i.e. for flights over the next one or two months. In some cases, the destinations you can fly to with these cheap Christmas flights will be limited too.
Some magic for your cheap flights on Christmas day
If you ask anyone who has dealt with air tickets, whether a popular retailer or a person who flies frequently, they will suggest that you always book your air tickets at the earliest. The advantage of this is that it will be guaranteed that you will get the seats for the dates you want to fly on. If you delay, the seats will get booked which means that these may not be available, unless you are flexible. Flexibility is an important factor of all you are worried about are the airfares.
- If you book flights for a day before the dates when most people prefer to fly or for a day after these, you will be able to get flights at much-reduced rates. This year Christmas is on a Monday, so we all will be enjoying a three-day weekend. This will mean that the Saturday and Sunday flights before Christmas will be in great demand. So, you should try to look for air tickets with dates on or before the Thursday before this Christmas. And for return flights try avoiding the day after Christmas, as the tickets on this date will again be required by lots of people.
- If you are flying to or from a major city, there may be more than one airport you can land on or take off from. The flights to smaller, less popular airports are usually cheaper than those well-known. In some cases, flights to the airport of a city nearby to your destination city can be much cheaper, though you may have to ride a can for an extra hour.
- You should also note that most people will prefer to be at their chosen place a day in advance for the Christmas celebrations, so if you fly on the 25th of December and if you have done your calculations right, you will be able to be with your near and dear ones, saving some money at the same time.
How are you celebrating Christmas this year?
Most of us, irrespective of our age live with or close to our family. Those of you living away from them will be looking to book your flights about now. In some cases, you and your family may want to spend a holiday at a destination you feel will be perfect for all of you. Whatever your choices may be, you should try to book early as there may or may not be any last-minute deals!