We usually capture our memorable moments in the form of pictures or videos and save them for the future. But ever wondered what if these pictures became inaccessible or got corrupted? In such cases, you need to apply proper photo repair methods to fix your corrupted JPEG files. Along with the manual methods, there are some best photo repair software programs that you can try to repair your images.
One such photo repair software is Stellar Repair for Photo tool. Here, in this article, we will discuss how to use Stellar Repair for Photo software to repair your JPEG files. Moreover, we will also help you know some manual methods to repair your JPEG files quickly and easily.
What Corrupts or Damages Your JPEG Files?
There are many reasons why your JPEG files issues like JPEG file corruption can occur. Before you learn and apply JPEG photo repair methods to fix your images, it is important to find the exact cause of your issue. Some main reasons for JPG/JPEG file corruption are:
- Sudden power failure or system shutdown at the time of saving or transferring files
- Hardware-related corruption in the JPEG files
- Malicious programs like viruses or malware can also corrupt your JPEG images
- There may be some hardware or software-related issues which can make your JPEG files inaccessible
How do I Repair Corrupt JPEG Photos?
In this part of the blog, we will help you know various methods, both manual and automatic, by which you can repair your corrupted or damaged JPEG files. Let’s start with the simplest method first: crumbl cookie promo code
Repair JPEG Files With Stellar Repair for Photo
If the above methods anyhow fail to repair your images, try using the best photo repair software to restore your photos to their original state. We are talking about Stellar Repair for Photo tool which allows you to repair your images corrupted or damaged due to any reason in a few simple clicks. The intuitive interface of the software makes it easy to use for both beginners and experts. Let’s check the features that make the Stellar Repair for Photo tool best for your JPEG file repair:
- Not only JPEG files, you can use this image repair tool to fix images of several formats, including JPG, ARW, RAW, SRW, and more.
- The deep scan feature of your tool helps you to analyze and repair severely damaged or corrupt photos.
- This image repair tool can easily fix your images damaged due to many reasons such as pixelation, artifacts, blurriness, colour distortion, etc.
- It allows you to preview the recoverable photos before saving them on your device.
Here are how to use Stellar Repair for Photo software to repair your JPEG files in just 3 simple steps:
- Firstly, download and install the Stellar Photo Repair software in your system and launch it. Click the “Add File” button and upload the corrupt JPEG file that you need to repair.
- Once you import your JPEG files, click the Repair button and wait till the scanning process gets completed.
- After completion of the repair process, preview the repaired photos and click Save Repaired Files to save the repaired JPEG files to your computer.
Also Read: Migrate Data to the Cloud
Method 1: Change JPEG File to Another Format
Before you use any photo repair software or apply any other method, try changing the file format of your JPEG images to any other file format. You can use Windows built-in Paint tool or any online converter tool to fix corrupted JPG/JPEG files by changing their file format. All you have to do is:
- Launch the Windows Paint application on your device and import the JPEG file that you are unable to open.
- Click File from the menu bar and tap the Save as button.
- Now, save your file in a different format and check if the issue is solved.
Method 02: Run CHKDSK Command to Repair JPEG Files
Another common method to fix JPEG images without using any photo repair software is by running the CHKDSK Utility. This command scans your entire system and fixes any error that may have corrupted your JPEG files. Go through the following steps to repair your corrupted JPEG files using the CHKDSK command:
- Press Windows + R keys and type CMD in the Run Prompt that appears.
- Now, type the “chkdsk/r/fX” command in the “Command Prompt” window and press Enter key. (Replace X with the corresponding drive letter)
- After successful completion of the scanning process, restart your system and check if you are able to access your JPEG files.
There are several photo repair software programs as well as manual methods that you can use to fix your damaged or corrupted JPEG files. Among such repair tools, the Stellar Repair for Photo tool can easily repair your images of JPEG or any other file format. Therefore, it can be concluded as the most efficient tool to repair your images of the severity of file corruption.